Did you know that all movement matters? Yep, you heard me right — any type of movement.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to begin your wellness journey toward fitness. What if it would be as simple as adopting the “6/60” rule?
What is the “6/60” rule? Please allow me to explain what this in more detail. The 6/60 rule is making a conscious choice of setting aside at least six minutes every hour and incorporating movement during this time. By making this small change in your day, you will see improvements in your health.
Here are some ideas for this:
- Standing while on the phone.
- Taking the stairs rather than an elevator.
- Doing household chores during TV commercials or, if you find yourself binge watching your favorite show, press pause between episodes and move around.
- Walking rather than driving when it’s safe and realistic do so.
- Park your car in the farthest parking spot you can find.
Once you have mastered the art of moving more, you might be ready to take the next step with your fitness. Set personal health goals that are motivating and will allow you to adopt an exercise routine that you enjoy and will become a structured part of you day. Exercise doesn’t have to be difficult to be effective, so find something you enjoy.
“Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.” ~ Jim Rohn
Michelle Lee, BS
Weight Management Health Coach
CentraCare Weight Management