Is your family ready to embark on a new journey to healthy living?
Come, join the fun and learn about healthy eating and physical activities that can enhance your child’s — and your entire family’s — well-being. Poor eating habits and too little movement at a young age can have long-term negative health effects that can carry into adulthood.
Wondering how to help your child head down a healthy path? Let us help.
Our program is based on medical research and incorporates a team of professionals who will work with your child’s provider:
- Board-certified pediatrician trained in obesity medicine
- Exercise specialist
- Social worker
- WANT TO LEARN MORE?
The first step is to have your child’s primary care provider make a referral to the program. From there, we will arrange an initial consultation which involves a full assessment with our team and medical exam.
After the assessment, our weight management team will follow up with you and your child to address any medical problems discovered. We will assist your family in incorporating any changes needed into your daily lives.
We address a child’s excess weight gain through a number of treatment options. However, the single most effective treatment is the amount of time spent working with us, learning and practicing healthy behaviors. Our clinic has a number of choices to allow for frequent, high-quality visits!
- Shared medical appointment: You are not alone! Together with other families, you and your child can attend a series of appointments with our weight management pediatrician. These sessions also include a dietitian, social worker or exercise specialist.
- Individual specialized appointments with a pediatrician, dietitian, psychologist, exercise specialist and/or social worker.
- Feeding with Love and Good Sense: For parents with children ages 0-8th grade and is a one group session led by a registered dietitian.
- PACO (Parents Addressing Childhood Obesity): For parents only and is a series of 12 group sessions led by a registered dietitian.
- PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Feeding your child for joyful and positive mealtimes.
- Incorporating fun activities and movement into your family’s routines.
- Developing new healthy habits the whole family can enjoy.
Call 320-534-3096 to schedule an appointment for Pediatric Weight Management services.