Would you like to improve your running time, golf game or other sport of choice? Or, prevent an elderly loved one from falling? Are you dealing with leg, low back or hip pain with physical activity? Would you like to recover from an injury more quickly?
Advanced video analysis software allows you to identify any weaknesses or tendencies in how you move. Knowing this information will help you prevent or minimize injuries whether participating in a sport or in just day-to-day activities such as walking.
This powerful, scientific tool also can enhance athletic performance through its frame by frame breakdown of motion, measuring the degrees and angles of the knees, ankles and hips. It can reveal opportunities to generate more power, speed and distance.
Our experienced exercise physiologist will review his findings with you, offering suggestions for correct form, strength conditioning, maximum comfort, efficient motion and injury reduction.
- WHAT CONDITIONS CAN IT HELP
We can analyze:
- Walking form
- Running/sprinting form
- Running starts
- Swimming starts
- Golf swing
- Volleyball serve/attack
- Shot put form
- Discus form
- High jump form
- Long jump form
- Baseball/softball swing
- Baseball/softball pitch
- Baseball/softball throwing motion
Video analysis can improve performance, motion, efficiency and biomechanics for almost any activity or sport. Ask us if your sport isn’t on the list.
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST
- HOW LONG IS THE SERVICE
First visit: 1 hour
- You will perform the movement needing improvement while being recorded.
- We will review the results with you at your second visit.
Second visit: 30 minutes
- You and your exercise physiologist will watch your video to review how your joint angles vary from ideal and how this relates to your performance or pain.
- The exercise physiologist will recommend a treatment plan (exercises, stretches, etc.).
- You will receive a printout of your results and treatment recommendations. This information can help you perform exercises at home or with a personal trainer.
- Depending on the findings and your current exercise routine, we may suggest monitored exercise sessions with an exercise physiologist.
- HOW IS A SPORTS PERFORMANCE TRAINER DIFFERENT FROM A PERSONAL TRAINER?
Both personal trainers and sports performance trainers work to further your physical health and fitness. However, sports performance is:
- For an individual or an entire team or group of athletes.
- More specific and tailored to you and your sport goals. With sports performance training, you can expect a customized workout plan to improve your speed, strength, agility and stamina.
- A system to help you return to sport after an injury. It serves as a bridge between physical therapy and getting back to your highest level of performance.
In summary, a personal trainer can help you reach your overall fitness goals, but a sports performance trainer will focus more on the sport you play, setting a personalized fitness plan to help with endurance, strength and other goals related to the sport.
Call 320-534-3096 to schedule a video analysis.