At your first appointment, you will meet one-on-one with a licensed acupuncturist, who will use a Traditional Oriental Medical Assessment to explore your health issues in depth and help identify main imbalances.
The goal is to help you resolve long-standing, stubborn conditions that have been causing pain or discomfort and have been slow to respond to other treatments. You’ll find that acupuncture and oriental medicine are great complements to conventional therapies.
After your appointment, you will receive an individualized treatment plan to help you correct and alleviate health imbalances and guide you toward improved health. The plan may include breathing exercises, lifestyle suggestions and other instructions to practice between treatments, at home, to empower you in taking preventative steps toward increased well-being!
Or, experience the benefits of acupuncture at a reduced rate in the community of others. This shared group setup uses points below the elbow and on the scalp so there’s no need to undress. Just roll up your sleeves and remove your hat! You’ll be seated in a relaxing environment designed to relieve pain, reduce stress and improve cognitive functioning. Learn more about these weekly classes. Private group acupuncture appointments also are available upon request.
- WHAT CONDITIONS CAN IT HELP
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Joint Pain
- Menstrual Cramps
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST
Initial visit: $100
Repeat visit: $75
10-session package: $695 and receive a $50 store coupon
Group acupuncture or private group sessions: $30
Insurance accepted for individual sessions. Call for more information.
- WHAT SERVICES ARE COVERED BY INSURANCE
Lifestyle Health accepts insurance for acupuncture. We are in network providers for HealthPartners, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medica, Mayo, Preferred One, MinnesotaCare, Medicaid, Medicare and others. We also work with auto insurance and workers’ compensation claims.
- Our goal is to provide you with a range of payment information, so you can select the best option for your budget.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs) are usually eligible for coverage. Health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) also may provide coverage under certain circumstances.
- Insurance coverage varies. Lifestyle Health will verify coverage with your insurance prior to scheduling an appointment. Information we will receive:
1. If your plan covers acupuncture visits.
2. How many visits are allowed per calendar year.
3. If you need a prior authorization.
4. If you need a referral. Some policies require a referral from a primary care physician for the treatments to be covered and may have annual limits. Most policies do not require a referral.
- Information you need to obtain from your insurance company (find the customer service number on your insurance card):
- Medicare does not cover acupuncture services at this time.
- Workers’ compensation and personal injury usually cover acupuncture when an injury occurred at the workplace or during an auto accident.
- Our cash price is $100 for an acupuncture session. If billed through auto or health insurance, cost would be $173.50 due to added paperwork for medical billing, diagnostic coding, communication with insurance companies, etc.
- Your insurance may require you to pay your deductible before covering acupuncture treatments. A deductible is an amount of out-of-pocket expense that you must pay before your insurance benefits start. Deductibles are usually calculated on a calendar-year basis, and any covered medical expenses that you pay for out-of-pocket should be applied toward your deductible until it’s been met for the year.
- If you are in a high deductible plan, our cash option may be the best value for you.
- If you have questions, please call our office.
1. Do I have a co-pay?
2. Do I have a deductible? If yes, has it been met?
- HOW LONG IS THE SERVICE
Initial visit: allow 60 minutes
Repeat visit: allow 45 minutes
Group acupuncture: 45-60 minutes
Private group sessions: Approximately 60 minutes, but varies based on number of participants (five minimum and 10 maximum).
Call 320-534-3096 to schedule an appointment for acupuncture services.
See what our customers are saying
“After 30+ years of back pain, I left my Group Acupuncture session feeling refreshed and relaxed. It’s amazing how it can be calming and energizing at the same time!”
“Jesse really listened to me and asked helpful questions to determine what my goals were. I immediately made another appointment.”
“The group acupuncture was quiet and soothing. As I sat there I could actually feel areas in my legs become unblocked. I went in with an stiff neck and left with no pain. This will definitely be a part of my regular wellness routine.”