When you meet with your Functional Medicine provider for the first time, you will take a deep dive into your complete health history, as well as your lifestyle and eating patterns. You may have some lab work done to get a baseline of your blood profiles, hormone levels, inflammatory markers and more.
Knowing your unique background can help us solve the puzzle of your chronic disease by shifting the focus from suppression and management of symptoms to addressing underlying causes. We will combine our knowledge of conventional medicine and holistic practices to lead you toward better understanding of your health imbalances and how to correct them.
- WHAT CONDITIONS CAN IT HELP
Functional medicine has something to offer most people – whether you are trying to improve your health, prevent disease or treat an existing condition:
Chronic fatigue, irritable bowel, constipation, depression, arthritis, memory loss, insomnia, weight gain, asthma, allergies, thyroid, anxiety, rashes, reflux, autoimmune, heart disease, cancer, diabetes
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST
- WHAT SERVICES ARE COVERED BY INSURANCE
Lifestyle Health accepts insurance for Functional Medicine. We are in-network providers for HealthPartners, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medica, Mayo, Preferred One, MinnesotaCare, Medicaid, Medicare and others. We also work with auto insurance and workers’ compensation claims.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs) are usually eligible for coverage. Health reimbursement accounts (HRA) also may provide coverage under certain circumstances.
- Insurance coverage varies. Ask your insurance company (find the customer service number on your insurance card) about covered services. Here are a few questions to ask:
1. Will my plan cover (insert service)? It may be helpful to share these CPT codes for Functional Medicine provider visits: 99205, 99204, 99213, 99214, 99215.
2. How many visits are allowed per calendar year?
3. Do I need prior authorization?
4. Do I need a referral?
5. Do I have a co-pay?
6. Do I have a deductible? If yes, has it been met?
- Some policies require a referral from a primary care physician for the treatments to be covered and may have annual limits. Most policies do not require a referral.
- If you have questions, please call our office.
- HOW LONG IS THE SERVICE
Initial visit: allow 60 minutes
Repeat visit: allow 30 minutes
Call 320-534-3096 to schedule an appointment to meet with a health care provider.